Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Victim

My first post was just a greeting. Now I need to do a real first post. It should be something substantial. I think this topic is just that.

There is an article that Fox News picked up from London's Sunday Telegraph about 30-year-old Emma Beck. After aborting twins, she became so remorseful that she took her own life. There are two things that hit me as I read the article. One was a deep sympathy for Ms. Beck as she dealt with her regret and sorrow. The other is, I wonder what made the news media decide to pick up this story about this one suicide out of who knows how many just in London alone.

As much as pro-abortionists try to paint abortion as a choice that frees a woman from the burden that a baby (or babies) will mean, I think abortion ends up burdening many women with a guilt, a regret, a remorse that they carry with them more than 9 months, more than 18 years, but for the rest of their lives. That seems like a very poor trade. We should mourn as Ms. Beck did the loss of those two babies, but after any abortion, there is another victim that gets to walk away from the procedure but not from its scars.

No comments: